My love of fishing, or at least of watching fishing, started as a toddler. I would wake up on Sunday mornings, 6am and watch fishing shows on TV. Later on I got a little more participative and I remember having the best experiences of actually fishing. Waking up early, rowing out with Grandma, Grandpa, and parents in tow. Yes, I was so strong then I rowed them. Well not really, but I was so enthusiastic it seemed to me we were powered on that enthusiasm alone.
I’ve been fishing with Alex once since we began this project and the successful outcome of today’s meal was NOT due to my fish whispering skills. All the fish we ate for this meal were the product of Alex’s last trip to the Thornapple River and a generous donation from our friend John. The menu was as follows.
Breaded and Fried Catfish/Blue Gill
- All the Catfish and Blue Gill fillets
- 2 eggs
- Breading made from Veggie Chips
- Vegetable oil
- Heat the vegetable oil until at frying temperature.
- Dip fish fillet into eggs, into breading and place gently into the pan with oil.
- Fry until fish is cooked and breading is crispy and brown.
- See previous post.